Amanda Mancini is the SENDCo and she has a clear understanding of our children’s needs and ensure they have access to the support required to enable them to achieve their full potential.
At Norwich Road Academy, we strive to meet the needs of all pupils within our school. All staff are aware of SEND within the school and receive high quality information and training. We aim to quickly identify pupils, who are making limited progress and provide targeted interventions and support to meet their needs. We ensure that parents are fully aware of the SEND process and informed of their child’s learning at regular points throughout the year. We are a fully inclusive school and work alongside the Local Authority, Health Professionals and community organisations to find the most appropriate and effective support for pupils within our care.
The following documents will give you more information in relation to SEND and how school and home can support children. If you have any concerns or wish to discuss SEND at our school, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Mancini on either 01842 753279 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more information on how we identify SEND, the provision available for children at Norwich Road Academy and how we review provision for children with SEND please see our Provision Map, Identification Flow Chart and Graduated Approach Document. For more detailed information on how we support children with SEND, you can read our SEND Information Report below. This document is written in an FAQ format, a one page summary is also available.
Please click on the below links to access our school and trust policies.
Parent Information - Advice and Support
- Norfolk Local Offer – information about SEND in Norfolk
- www.norfolkparentpartnership.org.uk – Information to support parents locally
- www.familyvoice.org.uk – Information to support parents locally
- Norfolk SEN Network - support for parents of children with SEN to find the right educational placement or provision to meet their needs www.norfolksennetwork.org
- Norfolk SEND partnership
- SEND E-learning - A course to give a foundation and understanding of SEND for children and young people age 0-25 years,
- A guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND). https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/send-guide-for-parents-and-carers
- Active Norfolk (disability clubs)
Parent Support - Areas of SEND, Websites and Information
Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
ASD helping hands
www.4dyslexics.com – Local, private assessment for dyslexia and dyspraxia
British Dyslexia Association
Dyspraxia / Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD)
www.asthma.org.uk – Information about Asthma
www.diabetes.org.uk – Information about Diabetes
www.sleepcouncil.org.uk – Children’s sleep
Speech, Language and Communication
The Communication Trust
Sensory and Physical
Norfolk Virtual School Sensory Support
Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
CAMHS (Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services)
www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx – Information and support around wellbeing
www.norwichmind.org.uk – Mental Health Information